Thursday, May 7, 2009

Premiere Night of the New Star Trek Movie



I just wanted to share these great shots that were taken at Jordan Commons tonight. Some coworkers and I were handing out literature about the gym at a booth we had during the premiere of the new Star Trek movie. Okay, "great shots" may be a stretch since they were taken with a camera phone.

It was Star Trek mania!





This guy refers to himself as "Stretch". I'm guessing that is because he is quite tall, although you can't tell in this picture because he is bent over. He gave me his business card so that I could email him a copy of this image. Some guy came up and asked him if he was a member of one of the sci-fi clubs that was at the premiere and he said he wasn't. He's just a freelance "Wharf" and he was at The Gateway during Thursday night 's premiere and got to be on channel 5 news. Does that make me a celebrity by association?

This is me with my new, good friend Lee. He let me hold his phaser!



So, this nice family was all decked out. The dad, the guy on the left in the helmet, had a little Sci-Fi confusion going on. Under the Darth Vader helmet and cape, he was dressed like the rest of the guys; except for the white gym socks. Classic! The person on his right in the white capris, that's grandma. She was bursting with pride at her lovely brood!





This is a Teletubby prayer circle except they swapped the purple one for a blue one.

No comments: